VARIUS MANX TOKIO

TOKIO                                                                                          TOKYO

Widziałam wielki świat
I saw a big world
wyszywany srebrno-złoto
Embroidered with silver and gold
szampan w żyłach grał
champaign played in waines
każdy dzień był nowym snem
every day was a new dream


Na ulicach tłum
Crowd on the streets
miasto wrzało kolorami
city was boiling with colours
w samym środku ja
me in the middle
Boże mój, aż się chciało żyć
Oh my God, it was worth living


Nagle kolor nieba zmienia się
Suddenlly colour of the sky is changing
zamykam oczy i czuję jak
I closing my eyes and feel how
spontaniczny szał porywa mnie
spontaneous fury lifting me up
znowu wszystko we mnie tańczy
again everything is dancing in me
tak wyraźnie widzę każdy kształt
I see every shape so clearly
znajome twarze śmieją się
familiar faces are laughing
gorący wiatr rozpala mnie
hot wind burning me up
znowu jestem tam
There I am again


Dzisiaj pada deszcz
Today is raining
w szyby dzwoni melancholia
melancholy rings on the glass
wolno płynie czas
time is passing slowly
cisza gryzie ja zły pies
silence biting as mad dog


Gdzieś daleko stąd
Somewhere far away from here
noc oddycha kolorami
night breathes with colours
na ulicach tłum
crowd on the streets
Boże mój, znowu chcę tam być
My God, I want to be there again
gdzieś daleko stąd
Somewhere far away from here
śni się mój największy sen
my biggest dream is dreamt
daleko stąd



Boże mój ! Znowu chcę tam być.
My God, I want to be there again




VARIUS MANX- was created in 1990 by Robert Janson and Paweł and Michał Marciniak. From that time it had three lead singers: Anita Lipnicka (singing Tokio), Katarzyna Stankiewicz and Monika Kuszyńska. First two of them after leaving band made solo career. After serious car accident in 2006 after which last vocalist  remains paralysed band stoped music activity.

Tokio is one of the biggest VM hit comming from first album recorded with A. Lipnicka (Emu -1994). Music Robert Janson, lyrics- Anita Lipnicka. Titled Tokio- is a place totally different than post comunist, still dark and taking first breatch of "modernity" Poland of early 90's. Interpretation can be much more than this as video is showing.

No comments:

Post a Comment